- Best practice transition to resume athletic therapy services in coordination with the “Restoring Services (Phase One)”
- Safety for clients, families, and communities
- Safety for athletic therapists, team members, and their families
MATA Members Must:
- Use the self-screening tool for staff, patients or people attending with patients available here
- Stay home when ill with COVID-19 symptoms.
- Perform strict hand hygiene between tasks and patients
- Provide staff with information about physical distancing.
- Adjust entry into the business, including lines, toregulated to prevent congestion.
- Post external signs indicating COVID-19 physical distancing protocols, along with floor markings where service is provided or lines form.
- Maintain a single point of entry.
- Screen patients and people attending with patients by telephone before an appointment is booked and are not given an appointment if they have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Instrict people identified as symptomatic to call Health Links - Info Santé.
- Implement waiting room management strategies. Strategies should include waiting in car if possible, and physical distancing for those in waiting room. No more than 10 people may gather in common areas.
- Provide hand sanitizer at the entrance/exit for patient and staff use.(see below for more information on this point)
- Ensure that patients and people attending with patients must sanitize hands upon entry to facility.
- Ensure that work/service areas are sanitized after each patient.
- Ensure that washrooms have frequent sanitization and a regime for business sanitization is in place.
- Ensure that magazine racks and toys are removed and play areas in waiting rooms are closed.
- Encourage patients to wear masks when receiving services, where possible.
- Attempt cashless or no-contact payment to the greatest extent possible.
MATA Members are Strongly Encouraged to:
- Follow PPE guidelines outlined here by Shared Health to the greatest extent possible, understand that some PPE supplies are difficult to source at this time:
PPE Supply Sourcing:
The MATA is working to source masks for our members to utilize when seeing patients. As many already know, masks are in high demand at this time and therefore difficult to source. The use of homemade masks is an option for members when medical grade masks are not an option, however medical grade masks should be used wherever possible.
Members having difficulty sourcing hand sanitizer might try emailing Scott at Scott@oilsource.ca - he has 4L jugs available.
Please contact the MATA office at email@example.com if you are in short supply of gloves. We do have some inventory of gloves that are utilized at ATS events and may be able to help.