The U18 Interlake Lightning of the Manitoba U18 AAA Hockey League is searching for an Athletic Trainer for the upcoming 2022-23 season. The team practices and plays their home games in Teulon-Rockwood Arena. The season is a 48-game season with team practices twice a week. The Athletic Trainer will receive a per-game wage and expenses related to supplies and travel costs will be covered. The Athletic Trainer is only required for Home and Away Games. This is a great opportunity for individuals to further their skills while receiving compensation. Current Athletic Therapy Students can also apply!
Team & Organization:
We are looking for a dedicated Athletic Trainer who will be invested in our athletes’ success. Work with medical professionals and coaches to evaluate athletes while establishing plans for diet or fitness treatments to achieve health goals.
The Athletic Trainer’s responsibilities include a range of services, from diagnosing and designing nutrition plans for the athlete’s needs to rehabilitation after an injury. An Athletic Trainer can also advise on how best to maintain overall health by following proper exercise routines.
Ultimately, you will work on-site at athletic events to provide emergency medical care and rehabilitation services after an athlete has been injured.
- Design training and rehabilitation programs for athletes
- Use knowledge of sports-related injuries to diagnose and treat athletes
- Refer athletes to another doctor or other medical staff members
- Assist and monitor injured players as they heal and progress towards recovery
- Maintain records relating to athlete condition and training, diet, and treatment plans
- Handle clerical tasks, such as maintaining inventory, assisting with budgets, or restocking supplies
- Proven work experience as an Athletic Trainer or similar role
- Strong understanding of the challenges athletes face, proper nutrition, sports injuries, and treatment options
- Understanding of first-aid treatments, massage, and physical therapy techniques, and equipment
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and attentive
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, decision making, and communication skills
- Valid license or certification
- Bachelor’s degree or related background in athletic training (current students are able to apply)
To assure full consideration, please send a cover letter/ resume summarizing qualifications and relevant experience, references with names and contact information to Head Coach Aaron Kaatz: firstname.lastname@example.org